6 years

Saturday, November 19, 2011

 Six years ago today was the worst day of my life. I woke up to find out that Michael was gone. 
Just like that. He was too young and had so much living to do.
The same brother who I had just asked two days before what to buy someone for Christmas and now he was gone. 
The same brother who would sit at the table for dinner every night and make noises just to make everyone laugh. 
The same brother who had the BIGGEST heart of anyone who I have ever know. 
The same brother who would keep us up all night playing his guitar until the wee hours of the morning. 
The same brother who could and would do anything for anyone.
He was amazing.
He wasn't really my "brother" by blood but my step-brother- which I have never called him and still don't.


What I would do to have to just a few more hours with him.
What I would do to have had him at my wedding.
What I would do to have him meet Holden and soon Rylan. I know he would LOVE them so much.
What I would do to see him again.
And I KNOW one day I will!

I'm not sure the pain ever goes away when you loose someone.
But it does get "easier" to make it thru the hard days.
I still think about him every day.
But days like today are the hardest.
Days when you know it's been another year that he has been gone.

Of course I made a guitar shirt for Holden to wear today but somehow never got a picture of it.
But every time I looked at that sweet little boy{even when he was screaming at dinner after not having a nap} I was beyond thankful for him and having him in my life.
And that simple little guitar reminded me of his amazing Uncle Michael.

We love you and miss you so much. But know you are rocking it out our with Jesus.
Until the day we see you again..

Michael Jones 5/7/87 - 11/19/05

No comments:

Post a Comment