Ni-Nite Holden

Thursday, August 25, 2011

 
About a month ago, I realized that since we had a new baby on the way that we either 1} had to get another crib or 2} buy Holden a new bed. Well since his crib was so awesome to make a toddler bed, I took of the front of his bed off one day and went on and turned in into a toddler bed just to see what he would do. And he did great! He did great falling asleep and for the most part staying asleep and in his bed at night so we decided to start looking for a toddler/kid bed for him. So one day we headed to Ikea{I seriously LOVE that place} and found this adorable toddler bed! It's bigger than a toddler bed but smaller than a single so I knew it would be perfect for him. So we had my mom come over the next day and help me organize our guest room/new babies room and get out non baby things so we could move the crib over and put together Holden's new bed. I have to say that I do love this bed and I think Holden does too! It is the perfect size for him to crawl in and out of without help and I think he loves the fact that he can wake up in the middle of the night and walk down to our room. Of course when he does that he stands next to my side of the bed and says "mama, up"

 And since he is OBSESSED with choo-choo's right now of course I had to make him a pillow case to go with his new bed! : )
 We also decided while at Ikea that his bookshelf that was in his room wasn't very safe and he needed something smaller for him to be able to get to his books. So we got him this one and we love it!
 As you can see he loves his bed and his naps : )
 I am in the process of taking apart his crib bumpers, crib skirt and comforter to make his a blanket/quilt like blanket to fit his new bed. But for now, he loves sleeping with his Holden blanket and some stuffed animals. The Curious George monkey was my moms when she was little and Holden loves it!
So that is the view of Holden's big boy room for now. Eventually we will get him a dresser when we move over the changing table and black dresser to go in the babies room but for now they are fine in his.
Ni-Nite my big boy who is growing up so fast. I love you so big : )

2 comments:

Mrs. Southern said...

How exciting! Go Holden! Looks like he's loving his big boy room!

Two Dozen and Change said...

Love H's new big boy room! He's such a cutie pie!!

Post a Comment