Top 11 in 2011

Thursday, January 6, 2011

So I was reading thru the many blogs that I love and came across one of my favs and bloggy friends Kendra blog about her top 11 list for this year. I think we must be a lot alike. You know with having our babies super close in age and the fact that I made a list of 11 things for the year too!!
Making a "resolution" is something that I hardly ever really do because let's face it, hardly anyone ever keeps them. So ever year my mom and I would make up completely random things like giving up random thing like one year we gave up riding our bike to work or something.

That was the easiest "resolution" ever because neither of us have ever done this. HA! And it got to be a thing ever year where we would give up something totally random like that. That was until this year.

This year is a new year. A new year for life, for joy, for friends, for family. To do things that we really want to do and just want to find that perfect time to start. Well no better time to start than a brand new year! So this year I came up with the idea to make a list of the Top 11 things to do in 2011 for Jack and I! This was so much fun and we loved coming up with things to put on the list. I'm not sure that we have completely finalized our list of our top 11 things but right now it has more like 15 and I would rather have 11 and try to stink to all as many of those as we can. I don't want to put them all out there for the world to read but some of them are super simple and I know we can do them and I really want to!

One of the biggest things I want to do in 2011 is to find a church we love. I'm not going to lie. We had the best church in the world that we just loved when we lived at our old home. It was the best and exactly what we both want in a church. A church where you just felt you belonged and we did. My family helped to start the church and we were there from the beginning. It's a church that I would love Holden to grow up in. But let's face the reality. To get there every Sunday we would have to leave and hour and a half early to get there on time and with a one year old it's just not possible to spend that much time traveling. We have some much closer to us that I am looking forward to trying out this year! I really want to find a place for us to love and belong again. And more importantly, a place for Holden to grow up.

Another one of our top 11 is to devote one night a month to date night. Just Jack and I or even other adults. But no Holden. I love my baby more than anything in the whole world and I LOVE being about to spend all day every day with him, but Jack and I need our time too. Yes, he goes to be by 8:30 every night but I think we need more time together than just a few hours of just us before bed.

Here's another- take one pic a day for a whole year. This will help me with another that goes along with it to blog at least 3 or 4 times a week. I plan on printing this bog out to make a book for Holden someday and I love being able to look back on what he was doing whenever and how much he is growing up soooo fast!

Another top 11 I may be crazy for adding is I want to go one whole month making sure I cook at least one meal a day. I know sounds super crazy. But in our house I just want to make it happen. And I'm not talking making PB & J which would be super easy but actually cooking a meal a day. I do this pretty much a few times at least a week now but I figured it could be one of those easy "resolutions" that would be easy to keep. : )

Those are just a few or four of our top 11 for now. I may or may not share more when we finalize our list but I think the top four are deff all keepers!! : )

Did you make a "resolution" this year? Or make a Top 11 list??

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Those are some great resolutions!
I am horrible at actually making meals.
Me and Sophie eat way to much mac & cheese for dinner since brian works at night.
A picture a day is a great idea!!!
That is a bummer the church you want to go to is such a far drive. I love the church we go to! We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Cute background! :)

Post a Comment