Rylan's Bedding

Monday, October 17, 2011




 Months ago when I started looking at baby bedding {even before I knew if we were having a boy or girl} I fell in love with this adorable bedding from Polka Tot Designs. I loved the idea of doing an animal print like this for a boys room and loved the baby blue and white since Holden's room was and is very bright{which I still love} I knew that I would never spend the way too much money that a website like this sells things for so after I found out I was having another boy, I set out to find the blue giraffe print fabric first so I could just make it myself. Well that sounds a lot easier than it turned out to be. For MONTHS I looked for the light baby blue giraffe fabric and never found it in a store and only found it online for $10+ a yard. I'm way to cheap frugal to pay that much for fabric.

So I started looking for other light blue fabrics that I might want to use and never really found the exact print that my Mom would say "screamed" at me. So a few weekends ago Jack, Holden and I had some errands to run and one of them was to Joann's fabric to just see if I could find some samples of something to possibly use for Rylan's bedding. And this is what we found:

I need to add right here that I found it for $5 a yard. Thankyouverymuch! Ha!
Love this so much and I had planned on trying to find a grey and white polka dot fabric to match but couldn't find what I wanted. So off to Hobby Lobby{my fav place EVER} to see what they had to match. And this is what we found to match...

I think this is going to look so good when done! Last week Mom and I went out and got all the fabric that I was going to need to make everything and I can not wait to get started on it! It's going to be just like the pic above with the wavy fabric as the bumper{on the outside} white sheet... maybe... and black with white polka dot crib skirt. HOPEFULLY this weekend I can get it made! Jack painted his room grey yesterday to match and it is going to look sooo good when everything is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment